Friday, February 02, 2007

Day Two

We, oops, me, encountered my first problem, the outlet converter would not work, therefore I could not use my flat iron. So my first day I had bad hair and for those of you who know me well that is a huge problem. I am sure Scott will figure something out, my knight in shinning armour.


Breakfast was awesome! Omelets, bacon, waffles, pancakes, lots of fruit, and the best croissants I have ever had. We left at 8:30am to go see the Forbidden City and the Summer Palace. Both places were completely breathe taking. The Forbidden City was built in 1420 and has several buildings under renovation in order to prepare for the Olympics in 2008. The Summer Palace was serene. Even though nothing was in bloom the art was magnificent. On our way back to the hotel we drove by where the Olympic Stadium is being built. It was something else.

We did lots of walking. Jake was tuckered out and so were we. He fell asleep on the bus on the way back to the hotel. He walked back to our room and he never saw the light of day until 3:00 the next morning. Well for us, I started looking through some papers they gave us and Scott and I were asleep by 5:30pm and did not get up until Jake woke us up at 3am. Needless to say we had a hungry kid on our hands. Good thing we brought snacks.


I am working on loading our photos but it is taking a long time. I will work on this tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're glad to hear that you have made it safe and sound.

What an unbelievable experience this must be, a truly unforgetable journey. We will continue to look for your updates and will be praying for your expanding family.

Ken & Sandra Wood