Monday, February 05, 2007

Tuesday, Feb. 6th

I have lost track of what day it is, so going forward I will just be using the date .:)

Life is great! What more can I say. This morning I got up around 5:15am and Jake got up at 5:45am, while Scott and Emma were still asleep, we had our time. He came and sat on my lap and told me how much he loved Emma and if we could get her up to play. He is so good with her. He is not comfortable holding her yet, but in time I am sure he will be an expert.

Today we went back to the Civil Affairs Office to be interviewed, take an oath promising to provide a loving home, education and to never leave or abuse her. Of course we all said yes. We also had a chance to talk with the Director of her orphanage. You could tell how much he loved children. I just felt like I was taking something away from him. But I know I am not, it was just emotional for me. Sad and happy all at the same time. We also exchanged gifts with them too. We received a small photo album with pictures of the orphanage, her care giver and several pictures of her. What a keepsake.

We are back in our room, Emma is napping, Scott went to the bank to exchange some money and Jake is watching Toy Story 2. Later today we are going to Wal-Mart!!!

I almost forgot to tell you, she is not as big as the last update. They must have measured and weighed her with all of her clothes on. Some of the clothes we brought fit great but everything that is 12-18 months is too big. Go figure.

Gotta run, time for lunch and then off to Wally World! Talk with you later.

No comments: